Thursday, June 25, 2009

BMO Music Festival '09, Okinawa


I went to the concert with high hopes, a lot of energy, and was ready to dance and have fun. While taking the long windy bus ride, I lost some of that enthusiasm. We were more than 1 hour late. We didn't even know if we were at the right location, at first. Then we heard the music but very little noise. That was because the outdoor theater wasn't even full. Here is how the line-up went when I got there:

1. NAMELESS: (because I didn't know his name and they had no programs) He seemed to have no confidence in himself or something. He left the stage saying, "Goodbye, thank you! You will enjoy the show."

2. SEAN KINGSTON: He came out with much energy and enthusiasm and pumped the crowd. Then I found out he was back up singing his own songs. He could barely hit the high notes. He must have hit puberty.

3. T.O.K: This was more of what I was looking for. A group that had it all! They all had great voices, had a variety of styles, good up tempo music, and knew how to please the crowd. Pleasantly surprised!

4. OMARION: I know of him as a good singer, performer, and dancer. He was half ass. You could tell his heart wasn't there. Probably too small of an audience for him. Right away complaining about his music being too quiet. He put in some decent dance moves but I expected more.

4.Lil'Jon: Now here's a guy who had the energy. I was impressed. Now he just had to beef up his music and his lyrics. He had the same beat playing for 15 minutes or something ridiculous. Only song I like was Get Low.

5.SHAGGY: He was what I was expecting out of all the other big name artists. He didn't disappoint!

All in all, I still had a good time. I found the bikini babes I was looking for! Now I got to leave Okinawa. Land of beautiful beaches without bikini babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment