Saturday, August 1, 2009

23rd DAY: Rest Day


I kept waking up worried that Maria would miss her plane but I was too tired and kept sleeping until 9:30. Some strange reason she felt obliged to wake up then when her plane wasn’t until 6pm. I got up unwillingly. Nigel came in soon after. He told me he was watching her pack but suddenly passed out. Who knows for sure but he felt she wasn’t the type to do something the first time. Maybe he missed his chance. She suggested we meet her father downstairs in his office. I hate meeting the parents, it’s one of my worst fears. Atleast Nigel was the one on the spot, not me.

His office was outside in a small little shack with barely enough room for one. The 4 of us squeezed in there with their dog trampling all over our feet as he ran in and out every 2 minutes. He ended up being pretty cool. He used to own a guesthouse and was used to meeting people from all over the world. He’d also traveled to many places and was very open minded. He was just happy to show us his pictures of his trip to Iceland. He talked for an hour straight. We just sat there and nodded and said yup, right, etc… When he was finally done, our reward was breakfast. We ate while Maria showered and finished packing. When we were all done, she walked us to the train station and as we said goodbye, I could hear Nigel’s heart breaking in half. Poor guy!

We went back to pick up all our stuff. Luckily, our scooters were still there. We looked for a hotel as far out of town as possible hoping it would be cheaper. That was not the case at all. I talked them down to 4000yen ($45US) a night each. They were a super nice old couple. I felt good about giving my money to them rather than some big chain hotel.

I spent the rest of the day working on my Biking Okinawa video. Unfortunately, it’s 20 minutes long so if you want to see it, I can file transfer it but I don’t think I’ll put it on my blog or youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment