Tuesday, July 21, 2009

18th DAY: Rain, Rain, Rain


There was a big lightning storm all night. We woke up with a break in the rain. We ate breakfast, packed up our stuff and tried to let the tent dry but the rain gods wouldn't have it. Luckily, they gave us a trickle before the heavy rains started coming and boy did they come. It was so hard we had to stop. We were backtracking back to Toyama so I could buy my ticket from Osaka to Naha. We eventually got there but I got my shoes soaked in the process. The cheapest flight I could find was 25000 yen ($280US). Super expensive considering I paid 16000 yen to go the opposite way. We hung out a bit more in a coffee shop because we were both dreading driving in the rain some more but we had to go even if it didn't slow and it didn't. We drove for 4 hours til we got to Joetsu not Myoko where we wanted to go another . We were wet and cold so we stayed in a hotel and lived it up for the night. It was 5000 yen each ($60) but it was dry, and comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment