Friday, July 3, 2009

Universal Studios Osaka, Japan


This was the first time I've been to any theme park associated with Hollywood. I was looking forward to seeing Goofy, Donald, Mickey n'stuff... But I guess it wasn't Disneyland so, unfortunately, they weren't all there. I saw Betty Boop, Sesame Street, Snoopy and gang, Peter Pan crew there, that's it, but they also had rides. It was like taking a step back into time. They were all from the 90's. These are the rides we did go on:

First, we went into 3D Spiderman (meh), then 3D T2 (well done show but must get rid of weirdo hostess talkin' a mile a minute before the show!), did I mention we're in Japan and everything is in JAPANESE?, 3D Back to the Future (crap), Jurassic Park boat ride (entertaining), Backdraft (fire room was cool but before that, they just talked for 15 minutes in 2 other rooms), Peter Pan outdoor theater show (excellent), Hollywood Dream roller coaster (could be better), Jaws boat ride (some lady blaring her screechy voice on the mike and not so scary), 3D Woody Woodpecker (very good acting & funny!), 4D Sesame Street (lame) and finally Peppermint Patty's waterslide in a boat (got soaking wet ass). It already started raining during the Peter Pan show but this was the icing. Then we found out, the parade of all the characters wasn't happening because of the rain which is why we went there, to waste time. So we left.

On the way to the train station, we hit up a restaurant. Amazingly, we found one that wasn't 200% normal price, great food and free non-alcoholic beverages, I think, we just helped ourselves because everyone else was. I had a great time but it was still lacking the big rides so I'll have to say I'm a little disappointed. There won't be a big recommendation for a $60 entrance. Off to find another bigger, better one than that! Tell you when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment