Wednesday, July 8, 2009

5th DAY: Wet n' Wonderful


At night, it rained continuously. I had woken up in a puddle. It was soaking through my sleeping bag and starting to get me wet, so needless to say I got up. It was 8am. I didn’t know what to do at first but then I remembered, there’s an outlet under some shelter with a desk at the camp reception that was closed. I brushed my teeth and ate some breakfast as I gazed into the lake soaking up its beauty and sounds. Then I plugged in my earphones, turned on my computer and started working on editing my videos while Nigel lay asleep in the continually growing puddle under our tent.

An hour or so later, Nigel woke up and we sat there waiting for the rain to stop. We talked and used our computers wishing for the same thing in the back of our minds. It didn’t stop until noon. We jumped onto our scooters and filled up our empty tanks for the journey ahead. But before we could even consider that, we moved all our stuff out of the tent and moved it all into some sheltered area to dry. We used that time wisely and did our blog entries.

We were finally ready by 4pm. Sad to say, this night coming is going to be our last night camping aside Lake Biwa. I miss it already. The next day will be in the mountains near Gero, where Rocky from Niss lives. I’ll get to that later. On the way, we stopped at a department store and did more shopping, this time to look for a tarp to solve our puddle problem. While there I bought a chair, batteries for my camera, rain jacket and my favorite ice cream bar for just 88yen.

About 2 hours later, we found our campsite. It was deserted, like the last place. It was the best place we’d found so far though. It had its own tents setup already. It even had a foam mat inside, and best of all, it was super spacious, you could even stand up in it. We also had our personal picnic table right outside our door. It was on the side of a hill looking down at the lake. Can’t wait to see the view in the morning, should be astonishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment