Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th DAY: Rainy Season


I woke up early, restless. I felt sweaty and needed to take a bath in the lake. I unzipped the tent. It was going to be sunny, I could tell. I jumped in feeling at one with nature. There were others around so I tried to be discreet with the bar of soap. One guy was fishing, another lady was walking her dog and there was the grounds keeper. After I finished cleansing myself, he came up to me and started talking. I had no idea what he was saying. All I understood was that we couldn’t camp here, we needed to go around the corner. We were leaving that day anyways. We ate, packed, and were ready to go. That was when the rain started. Same weather as the day before. We covered up all our gear, I put on my raincoat and off we went. Nigel got soaked so we stopped under the overpass and waited for the rain to subside.

Not so long later, we were on the road again but didn’t know where so searched for an outlet. We found one, but what do you know, it started raining again, then left. We found a campsite at the north side. It was 4000yen so we kept searching. We found a prime spot further up (3rd campsite). Middle of nowhere campsite, no one around but us and a family of macau monkeys. We went for another bath, hid everything in the tent and food in our bikes, and off we went shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment